ACO Program Manager - OH/PA
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: This position provides program management for ACO programs as outlined below.
Demonstrates leadership by planning and overseeing multiple, inter-related, complex operational programs through driving performance in SHCN’s value based contractual agreements. Programs will focus on driving Population Health initiative improvement in our Commercial risk contracts, Medicaid ACO and Medicare risk programs.
Manages and coordinates activities across SHCN operational teams, steering workgroups and stakeholders to mitigate risks and ensure the business is successful in meeting its goals and objectives. Will work closely with the payer specific units (Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial) as well as the functional teams (Risk Adjustment, Patient Experience, Care Management, EHR Optimization, etc.) to gather project requirements, ascertain cross system impacts, perform analysis and develop a plan of action in conjunction with appropriate business partners to meet business objective.
Actively tracks, manages and reports out on project statuses for all stakeholders. Tailors messaging of project status to the varying stakeholders appropriately. Effectively manages time to ensure project status updates are received in a routine and timely manner. Maintains strong documentation to support project throughout all phases. Develops and maintains timelines, manages resources, monitors roadblocks and maintains project deliverable.
Models and performs ad hoc analyses for the purpose of understanding the historical and future performance of initiatives in order to inform decision making. Identifies opportunities to improve and enhance the analysis and information provided to SHCN leadership, Participating providers and network affiliates. Data will be from varied sources such as Salesforce, Qlikview, Athena and Arcadia. Must be comfortable working in numerous software applications.
Creates and distributes presentations, workflow diagrams, and project summaries using PowerPoint and other software applications across multiple internal and external stakeholders. Develops a process for creating and distributing centralized POD, BOD and Practice Manager meeting presentations in order to maintain a consistent messaging platform for the region.
Perform other duties as assigned to support ACO programs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- BA/BS required
- MBA, MHA beneficial but not required
Years of Experience:
- Three to five years relevant health care experience
Work Related Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively and effectively with a wide range of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to focus attention on critical goals and results and be held accountable for achieving them
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, employing critical/analytical thinking
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to meet multiple established deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills, critical/analytical thinking and problem solving skills, self-directed and responsible to stakeholder expectations
- Must be able to participate in a team setting as well as foster a sense of teamwork across functional area
- Familiarity with value based contracting concepts and Accountable Care Organizations
- Familiarity with Government (both at the State and Federal level) health care programs: Medicaid ACO, Next Gen ACO with specific understanding of reimbursement methodologies and value based criteria
- Advanced Microsoft Office user; especially Excel, Word and Power Point
- Project management
- Flow Charting Software (Visio)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4364