Behavioral Health Community Health Worker
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Manager of Behavioral Health, the Behavioral Health Community Health Worker (BH-CHW) is a trusted member of the community who facilities the care of high risk patients faced with behavioral health and/or substance use challenges to promote adherence to key components of their health care. The BH-CHW engages patients, creates a trusting relationship, and provides care coordination and management to patients with severe mental illness who have high rates of behavioral health utilization and/or severe psychosocial vulnerability. The BH-CHW will make patient visits in the home, community, Emergency Department, hospital or other settings and works with the patient to set health goals and closely communicate with members of the patients care team. The BH-CHW provides support and assists members in understanding the implications and complexities of their current situation and/or overall personal care.
Essential Duties and Primary Accountabilities
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitation, or other related field, required.
· BLS Certified (CPR/First Aid)
Years of Experience:
· Required 2 years of experience in behavioral health management and/or acute behavioral health care setting focusing on outpatient/inpatient utilization, case management and discharge planning
Work Related Experience:
· Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
· Experience working with disadvantaged populations, preferred
· Experience in a managed care environment and case management experience, preferred
· Must be able to effectively communicate, present and explain complex material with patients, family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations
· Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage individuals and families in helping relationships.
· Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the patient and the requirements of the organization/department
· Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics
· Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of information, perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change, and manage transitions effectively from task to task.
· Must possess a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic
· Ability to work in several databases and to comply with established documentation requirements
· Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work independently and part of a team
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in a rapidly changing environment with multiple demands
· Possesses knowledge and expertise of the healthcare system and resources available in the area in which BH-CHW is providing care coordination/care management services
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the impact of the community and culture on health, illness, health practices, health beliefs, access to care and participation in treatment and services
· Working knowledge of community based and government services and resources need to assist patients in accessing services and addressing potential Social Determinants of Health
Job Reference #: 53756