Business Analyst, Medicare ACO - Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
The Medicare ACO Business Analyst will support Steward's Medicare Accountable Care Organization (ACO) risk contracts with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in three key ways: (1) drawing insights from modeling and ad-hoc analyses to generate high-value recommendations, (2) supporting implementation needs including performance reporting, and (3) project management of key technological solutions that improve the care of our patients. Seeking motivated recent graduates from undergraduate or graduate (preferred) institutions with a strong desire to learn. Individuals who rely on data analysis to make decisions and are passionate to make an impact in the way care is delivered today will resonate the most with our team.
Essential Duties and Primary Accountabilities:
Leads independent modeling and analytics to guide performance improvement and strategy across the program:
* Prepares financial opportunity and risk analyses to recommend high-value initiatives and partnerships to leadership, in coordination with program leader
* Models and performs ad hoc analyses for the purpose of understanding the historical and future performance of initiatives including return-on-investment projections and strategic initiative prioritization
* Develops comprehensive, timely, and accurate analyses, reports, and presentations on utilization, risk exposure, care management, and quality metrics to support the operation of Steward's Medicare ACO programs
Facilitates the ongoing operations of workgroups and cross-functional project teams to enable efficient operations:
* Tracks and reports on actual performance versus expectations (whether financial, clinical, or operational) and develops appropriate mitigation strategies, together with the Medicare ACO management team
* Identifies opportunities to improve and enhance the analysis and information provided to SHCN leadership, participating physicians, and partner organizations
Supports overall care redesign efforts to improve the care of our patients by activities such as:
* Operational, hospital workflow, and population health literature research to inform best practices and ultimately streamline efficiencies across physicians, hospitals and patients
* Effective implementation of internal or external technology applications that enable seamless clinical operations and high-quality patient care
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
* BA/BS required
* MBA, MHA, or others Master's degree preferred
Years of Experience:
* One to two years analytic experience working in a fast-paced environment
Work Related Experience:
* Healthcare delivery (e.g. Hospital) experience preferred
* Medicare Accountable Care Organization experience preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment.
* Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
* Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small audiences.
* Strong organizational and project management skills including development of project parameters, goals, and time lines and outcome measurement.
* Established passion for working towards improving the health of populations.
* Analytic skills to collect information from diverse sources and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems.
* Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project; proven ability to learn new information systems as necessary
Physical and Mental Demands
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
* Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
* Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
* Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
* Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time?pressured environment.
* Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
* Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from an internal and external customer
* Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
* Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.
Job Reference #: 54563