Business Data Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Health Informatics, the Business Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the analytics and data platform initiatives surrounding our robust data warehouse.
- Coordinate with internal teams to document data requirements for all internal/external data transfers.
- Work with business partners to understand/document their problems and partner with data engineers to design solutions that best meet the needs of the business.
- Document and track all data flows in and out of enterprise data warehouse, ensuring critical SLAs are met.
- Must be able to independently facilitate/run meetings, take notes, summarize issues and work with project plans with minimal manager intervention.
- Manage relationships with external vendors that are critical to the enterprise data warehouse, including the status of data feeds.
- Ensure teams are following proper security protocol for managing and sharing data.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and data research as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to write business requirement documents, project status reports and meeting notes.
- Good understanding of health care claims data. Experience with CMS and/or Medicaid claim data is a plus.
- Proficient in the use Word, Excel and Outlook. Expertise with Access, Project and/or Visio is a plus.
- Basic understanding of data tools (databases, reporting, analytics).
- Ability to work across organization and with a variety of different departments.
- Must be able to present to senior leadership.
- Highly Organized. Familiar with Agile methodologies, including work tracking tools like Jira/Asana/etc.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors, Masters or relevant experience
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with healthcare data (ACO settings preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years working as a Business Analyst within a data warehouse or analytics team
Work Related Experience:
- Must have direct experience writing business requirement documents
- Experience working within complex client/vendor relationships involving data
- Must have experience working directly with business users
- Familiar with agile development methods and tools
- No travel is required in this role