Business Intelligence Developer
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Steward's recent expansion has increased the demand for frequent, insightful, and sustainable data sharing and processing across the enterprise. To that end, the goal of this role is to develop national reporting and operational data processes to support the operational and business leaders of the ACO and their teams. As a member of the Business Intelligence team, this role is expected to hit the ground running with an immediate need to build-out new reports while working to streamline the existing reporting infrastructure.
- Create new and modify existing Qlik Sense reports for a variety of end users and needs
- Work with team members and subject matter experts throughout the organization to develop new dashboards. Develop the data to load using the appropriate logic via SQL
- Document all logic and processes for reports with delivery
- Act as a development “buddy” for projects that are in progress. Help guide BI developers to make the right decisions as they are building our deliverables
- Ability to create streamlined and optimized SQL queries
- Must be able to communicate effectively by presenting information to all levels of the organization as needed
- This role requires being able to work with business users across SHCN to scope out requests and work independently towards meeting deadlines
- Detail oriented and goal driven. Our deliverables are often very complex with a lot of moving parts. Attention to detail is crucial, and hitting deadlines is key to our continued success
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related experience
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, over 3 years of experience will be considered
Years of Experience:
- 3+ years heavy hands-on experience with SQL Server, optimizing code, streamlining processes
- 2+ years report development in Qlik or other visualization tools preferred
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, especially experience with claims data and healthcare measures.
- Experience helping less-senior developers optimize and streamline their code
- SQL (T-SQL, profiler, stored procedures, activity monitor)
- Qlik Sense experience strongly preferred
- Focus on customer service and quality
- Understanding of healthcare operations
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Health Catalyst and EDW experience a plus
- ETL methodologies experience a plus
- Agile methodologies experience a plus
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.