Chief Financial Officer, SHCN National
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
This position is a member of, and key advisor to, the senior leadership team for Steward Health Care Network. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is accountable for leading efforts to achieve operating goals and successful financials performance of the health plan operations (internal and delegated), management services organization (MSO), and accountable care organization (ACO). The CFO:
- Leads financial strategic planning utilized by the SHCN senior leadership team to establish market direction
- Is a key player in deploying new commercial products and services in our Regions and to external customers and is responsible for developing the SHCN pricing model for these services
- Plays an important role in leading, managing and developing a high performance finance staff capable of supporting and enabling a high-growth business
- Plays an integral role in controlling costs
- Oversees the monthly close process
- Responsible for leading annual budget and periodic forecasting processes
- Acts as SHCN ACO financial liaison in evolving Regional Hospital/SMG/SHCN Division structure as well as to Corporate Finance
- Provides ongoing review and updates of performance on key financial measures, including monthly results
- Provides ongoing review and direction of regulatory activities with various Health Plan state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Fosters a risk intelligent culture
- Partners closely with the corporate finance team for overall strategic direction, policies and accounts payable
- Required travel to Boston, MA and Phoenix, AZ
- Oversees all aspects of Finance for SHCN, including reporting out on the Consolidated entity composed of both ACO and health plan financial operations. Direct oversight of all finance and accounting of the ACO, MSO and Health Plan divisions, including all financial and accounting operations; strategic financial planning and budgeting; any audit and tax interactions; financial policies, procedures, applicable regulatory compliance; and internal controls.
- Directs and prepares financial and operational activity reporting including securing appropriate comparison benchmarks and deploying them in reporting and performance goal-setting.
- Oversees and delivers all financial and operational data analysis, including the preparation of pro-forma’s and retrospective and prospective performance studies and utilizes the results to make critical business determinations or recommendations.
- Performs quantitative work including: developing revenue and cost projections; budgeting; cash flow projection, performance monitoring, reporting, and projection; preparation of various key performance indicator reports; and other reports as required.
- Responsible for fiscal policy and procedure development based on sound fiscal judgment, industry standards, state and federal directives, and requirements of regulatory agencies; oversees approval of these standards by appropriate individuals and/or committees.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance preferred; Master's degree strongly preferred
- CPA preferred, but not required
Years of Experience:
- Fifteen plus years in finance/business and at least ten years in a financial leadership role within a large health system, hospital, ACO, physician organization or health plan required
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills of financial management of operating entity and/or healthcare delivery systems
- Demonstrated track record in effectively developing, interfacing, and building collaborative relationships with healthcare/operating entity leadership, executives, physicians, and other key business partners
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of managers, regulators, payors, contractors, vendors, customers, etc.
- Action-oriented, with a sense of urgency and the ability to instill this in others
- Must have excellent organizational, project management, and leadership skills
- A motivated professional who is able to hold himself/herself and others accountable for results.
- An agile, flexible, and resilient individual who is able to multi-task, react quickly, and change direction as needed within a large, fast-paced, complex organization
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11623