Chief Financial Officer, SHCN National
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Essential Duties and Primary Accountabilities:
* Oversees all aspects of Finance for SHCN, including reporting out on the Consolidated entity composed of both ACO and health plan financial operations. Direct oversight of all finance and accounting of the ACO, MSO and Health Plan divisions, including all financial and accounting operations; strategic financial planning and budgeting; any audit and tax interactions; financial policies, procedures, applicable regulatory compliance; and internal controls.
* Directs and prepares financial and operational activity reporting including securing appropriate comparison benchmarks and deploying them in reporting and performance goal-setting.
* Oversees and delivers all financial and operational data analysis, including the preparation of pro-formas and retrospective and prospective performance studies and utilizes the results to make critical business determinations or recommendations.
* Performs quantitative work including: developing revenue and cost projections; budgeting; cash flow projection, performance monitoring, reporting, and projection; preparation of various key performance indicator reports; and other reports as required.
* Responsible for fiscal policy and procedure development based on sound fiscal judgment, industry standards, state and federal directives, and requirements of regulatory agencies; oversees approval of these standards by appropriate individuals and/or committees.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance preferred; Master's degree strongly preferred
* CPA preferred, but not required
Years of Experience:
* Fifteen plus years in finance/business and at least ten years in a financial leadership role within a large health system, hospital, ACO, physician organization or health plan required
Work Related Experience:
* Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills of financial management of operating entity and/or healthcare delivery systems
* Demonstrated track record in effectively developing, interfacing, and building collaborative relationships with healthcare/operating entity leadership, executives, physicians, and other key business partners
* Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of managers, regulators, payors, contractors, vendors, customers, etc.
* Action-oriented, with a sense of urgency and the ability to instill this in others
* Must have excellent organizational, project management, and leadership skills
* A motivated professional who is able to hold himself/herself and others accountable for results.
* An agile, flexible, and resilient individual who is able to multi-task, react quickly, and change direction as needed within a large, fast-paced, complex organization
Physical and Mental Demands:
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
* Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
* Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
* Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
* Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time?pressured environment.
* Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
* Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from an internal and external customer
* Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
* Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time
* Able to understand, interpret and explain complex financial concepts
Job Reference #: 100019860