Community Partner Liaison Care Manager, RN
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Community Partner Liaison Care Manager, RN is a core member of Steward’s Care Management team, providing care management and care coordination to manage members with behavioral health, medical health, and social determinants of health needs. The care manager works closely with the patient’s primary care provider, assigned community partner and various care management programs, as well as the Steward community partners operations teams to implement and evaluate a plan of care tailored to the patient’s unique needs. Provides support and/or intervention and assists members in understanding the implications and complexities of their current medical situation and/or overall personal care.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to support care coordination and care management to members with severe mental health or medical needs. Works towards achievement of optimal clinical and resource outcomes
- Facilitates/Attends regularly planned or ad-hoc Intensive Case Conferences (ICC) to assist with member needs
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and provides input to modify the plan as needed
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care. Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the member's care plan and collaborates with providers
- Acts as a liaison and member advocate between the member/family, physician and facilities/agencies and Community Partners
- Provides clinical consultation to physicians, professional staff and other teams members/supervisors to provide optimal quality patient care and effective operations
- Ensures members are engaging with their PCP to complete their care management treatment plan or preventive care services
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Makes referrals to Community Partner case managers, as appropriate
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Required advanced degree in Nursing
Years of Experience:
- Required 2 years of experience in behavioral health management and/or acute behavioral health care setting focusing on outpatient/inpatient utilization, case management and discharge planning
- Required Other Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Preferred Other Experience in a managed care environment and experience in current case management as a licensed professional
- Required an RN with a behavioral health background:
- Required Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Required Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (APRN) (ACNP-BC)
- Experience working in a post-acute care environment strongly preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage individuals and families in helping relationships.
- Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the patient and the requirements of the organization/department
- Ability to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics
- Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions based on information, perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change, and manage transitions effectively from task to task
- Must possess a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic
- Ability to travel, including valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance coverage according to company policy
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and member populations in a professional manner
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability consistently and independently close the loop with communication with various stakeholders, both internal and external to Steward
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.