Data Analyst - File Systems
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Manager of Data Warehousing, the Data Analyst - File Systems will support the analytics and data platform initiatives surrounding our robust Health Care Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Document and track all data flows in and out of EDW, ensuring critical SLAs are met
- Manage file delivery lifecycle including vendor engagement, coordination with internal stakeholders, requirements documentation, file delivery monitoring, and reporting
- Must be able to independently facilitate/run meetings, take notes, summarize issues and manage work tasks in tracking systems with minimal manager intervention
- Facilitate and coordinate communication with data warehouse team and external vendors
- Ensure teams are following proper security protocol for managing and sharing data
- Perform ad hoc data research and reporting as necessary
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with healthcare data (ACO settings preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years working as a Business Analyst within a data warehouse or analytics team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using SQL Server and writing basic SQL queries
- Must be able to write business requirement documents, project status reports and meeting notes
- Good understanding of health care claims data. Experience with CMS and/or Medicaid claim data is a plus
- Proficient in the use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Expertise with Access, Project, and/or Visio is a plus
- Basic understanding of data/file/ETL related tools (databases, text editors, SFTP)
- Ability to work across organization and with a variety of different departments
- Must be able to present to senior leadership
- Highly Organized. Familiar with Agile methodologies, including work tracking tools like Jira/Asana/etc.
- Experience working within complex client/vendor relationships involving data
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.