Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Reporting to the Director of Health Informatics, the Developer participates on a team to meet the technical programming needs of the department and Steward Health Care Network (SHCN).
- Create and develop automated ETL processes for data loading, report generation, data transfers, and quality control
- Maintain ETL automation schedules
- Monitor ETL processes and ensure data movements are complete
- Data Engineering
- Responsible for data analysis to support the building of robust ETL processes.
- Write SQL queries, stored procedures, packages, functions, database triggers, and views
- Support data governance and data architecture projects
- Maintain robust QC processes to ensure data integrity
- Utilize established and standard methodologies to QC data
- Create and maintain clear documentation
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related experience
Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of data development
- 3+ years in healthcare analytics, with significant experience using payor claims data
- Knowledge of healthcare claims data
- Experience using relational databases, SQL Server experience preferred
- Experience using ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience with Health Catalyst tools preferred, but not required
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.) is preferred but not required
- Deep understanding of database structures and data design. Experience optimizing data flows
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated with sound judgment
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Strong communication skills
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.