Data Quality Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Manager of Reporting, the Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for supporting the quality of the reporting and data warehouse initiatives from our robust Health Catalyst reporting environment, as well as other data sources. As this is a new position, you will help shape the role and process that defines success.
- Coordinate with team to review all outgoing deliverables in Qlik and other technologies (Excel, Word, SSIS, SSRS) to ensure high standards.
- Partner with report and data warehouse developers to understand and document all deliverables.
- Help design, review, and approve data validation process.
- Be able to track report requests in JIRA and escalate possible conflicts and deadline concerns.
- Update and maintain the online report catalog.
- Handle incoming requests for users to be added to our Qlik reports.
- Must be able to independently facilitate/run meetings, take notes, summarize issues and work with project plans with minimal manager intervention.
- Some Qlik and SQL tasks as needed to help support the team and the backlog of requests.
- Perform ad hoc data research and reporting as necessary
- Ensure team is following proper security protocols for sharing data.
- Help report developers track promotion requests and see promotions through to completion
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, over eight years of experience will be considered
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with healthcare data (ACO settings preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years working as a Quality Analyst/Engineer within a data warehouse or analytics team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to write business requirement documents, project status reports and meeting notes
- Good understanding of health care claims data. Experience with CMS and/or Medicaid claim data is a plus
- Proficient in the use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Expertise with Access, Project and/or Visio is a plus
- Moderate understanding of data tools (databases, reporting, analytics)
- SQL experience mandatory, and Qlik experience a big plus
- Familiarity with ETL processes
- Ability to work across organization and with a variety of different departments
- Must be able to present to senior leadership
- Highly Organized. Familiar with Agile methodologies, including work tracking tools like Jira/Asana/etc.
- Experience working within complex client/vendor relationships involving data
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.