Data Science Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Health Informatics, the Data Science Analyst will be responsible for supporting machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives from our robust Enterprise Data Warehouse, as well as other data sources. This role will be a key resource in building our Data Science team, testing and implementing new machine learning initiatives. As this is a new position, the incumbent will help shape the role and process that defines success.
- Using SQL or Python to extract, analyze, prepare data for machine learning projects
- Compare the output of different models to determine the optimal model for deployment
- Integrate and evaluate the supplemental datasets (e.g., Social Determinants data) for model improvement
- Enable the ongoing success of machine learning initiatives and determine if models need to be adjusted. Determine if deployed models need to be adjusted to maintain optimal predictive value
- Present results to leaders and executives in the organization
- Other duties as assigned based on business need
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s in computer science, Physics, Math or related field
- Bachelors or Master's in Public Health or related field
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with healthcare data (ACO settings preferred)
- Minimum of two (2) years working as Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Familiarity with different machine learning methods, models, and outputs.
- Good understanding of health care claims data. Experience with CMS and/or Medicaid claim data is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills. Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with ETL processes.
- Proficient in the use Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work across organization and with a variety of different departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to present to senior leadership.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies, including work tracking tools like Jira/Asana/etc.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.