Director, Bundled Payments
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Position Purpose: The Director of Bundled Payments will own the daily operational responsibility for Steward's Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Advanced (BPCIA) risk contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for hospitals in Steward's Eastern Region, primarily in Massachusetts. The person in the role will: (1) co-lead existing BPCIA initiatives together with the Bundled Payments Director responsible for facilities in Steward's Western region, coordinating with operational teams to strive for continuous improvement in the ways we serve our members, (2) develop and implement future BPCIA program strategy based on data-driven recommendations responding to novel opportunities and (3) coordinate and lead communications with internal and external stakeholder community. Individuals who are passionate to make an impact in the way care is delivered today will resonate the most with our team.
Directs daily BPCIA operations in close collaboration with clinical and performance operation teams applying a mindset of continuous improvement, rigorous evaluation and creative problem-solving.
* Coordinates across all operational teams to activate and engage teams on BPCIA risk contract performance on a national scale
* Monitors and evaluates BPCIA performance in real-time and proactively seeks out opportunities to further enhance existing efforts
* Engages with regional governance structure to proactively plan for and execute appropriate provider communication plans
* Present regular reporting to governing Boards at the direction of the Medicare Executive Director
Co-develops the strategy for the BPCIA program, directing the deployment of care management, risk performance and quality services, managing the associated expenses to achieve the targeted performance revenue
* In collaboration with operational teams, sets annual and monthly performance targets based on claims and real-time metrics for the Eastern region
* Develops recommendations for new opportunities (clinical initiatives, vendor partnerships, other) based on return-on-investment projections and cost-benefit-risk due-diligence evaluations using an investor mindset
* Identifies program risks, and develops and implements appropriate corresponding mitigation strategies
* MBA, MHA, or others Master's degree required
Years of Experience:
* Five to seven years in a management role working in a fast-paced environment
Work Related Experience:
* Healthcare delivery (e.g. Hospital) experience preferred
* Bundled payment program experience preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment. Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
* Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
* Strong organizational and project management skills including development of project parameters, goals, and time lines and outcome measurement.
* Established passion for working towards improving the health of populations.
* Analytic skills to collect information from diverse sources and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems.
* Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project; proven ability to learn new information systems as necessary
Job Reference #: 52511