Director, Population Health Analytics
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Reporting to the Vice President, Population Health Analytics, this role leads an experienced team to meet the ACO and value-based care analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and its constituents. This role also oversees the successful development and implementation of high-priority analytic initiatives to support the business and operational needs of SHCN.
* Leads experienced analytic team to design, develop, and implement high-level analytic projects related to population health management, cost efficiency, quality, risk adjustment, and utilization.
* Supports performance teams to identify populations and assess performance programs
* Oversees all physician incentive distribution calculations, which includes designing distribution models, calculating performance, and developing standardized reports.
* Presents analytic findings in a clear, concise manner to executive leadership teams across the organization, including physician-led Committees and Boards.
* Leads all strategic analytic initiatives designed to find new opportunities to optimize performance throughout the organization.
* Collaborates with data management team to design and create dynamic, drill-down reporting applications (using QlikView) to support population health management efforts.
* Ensures all projects are clearly defined and organized using standard project management techniques
* Monitors workflow and project status to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables.
* Collaborates closely with multiple departments and teams to ensure the success of all analytic projects.
* Leads quality control efforts to ensure standardization of logic and query designs across the team.
* Manages vendor relationships to ensure data accuracy and integrity for all tools used by the analytic team.
* Responsible for creating efficiencies and standard processes to improve data management, reporting, and analytic processes.
* Collaborates with senior leadership and constituents to identify and address analytic needs to support accountable care efforts for all risk populations.
* Manages team resources to support ad hoc analytic requests from SHCN leadership and performance teams.
* Promotes the professional growth and development of team members and advises staff in analytic, data management, and reporting best practices.
* Perform other functions as assigned.
* Proven success in leading complex and highly visible analyses within a large healthcare provider organization setting (utilizing effective planning, project tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines).
* Thorough understanding of population health concepts, quality measures (e.g. HEDIS), value-based care models, risk contracts, and accountable care organizations (ACO).
* Prior experience leading teams and directly managing staff.
* Experience with using dynamic reporting applications; preferably QlikView.
* Strong understanding of database structures and data management processes.
* Working knowledge of healthcare claims and electronic medical record (EMR) data, CPT and ICD codes, and DRGs.
* Advanced analytic skills (i.e. SQL, R, Excel).
* Experienced in communicating with and presenting to Executive leadership.
* Must be a self-motivated professional with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Job Reference #: 53274