EHR Population Health Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: This position reports to the Program Manager, Population Health Applications for Steward Health Care Network. As a member of the Population Health Applications team, the EHR Population Health Analyst is primarily responsible for ACO Quality, MACRA/MIPS, and Risk Code Tab functionality within athenaClinicals, eClinicalWorks, and all identified affiliate EHR's. The Population Health Applications team is a valuable resource for the ACO Quality, MACRA, and Coding business leaders within Steward Health Care Network by providing assistance troubleshooting quality data gaps, documentation methods, utilization metrics, setting up MIPS dashboards, and translating each vendors approach on value based reporting. The EHR Population Health Analyst will assist practices with the appropriate build of tools for documentation, training for staff and providers, optimal provider/practice workflow training. and guidance using EHR quality dashboards and reporting mechanisms. Candidates must possess the ability to work independently with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to support the management of multiple priorities, with attention to detail for completion of both verbal and written external communications. Additionally, this team member must be able to work effectively with external stakeholders (such as EHR vendors) and have proven ability to identify and resolve barriers associated to value-based care documentation requirements within ambulatory EHR's.
Work collaboratively with directors, managers, clinicians and Performance Teams to ensure affiliate EHR's are configured appropriately, assist Program Manager, Population Health Applications with connections of EHR's to Quality Data Warehouse as needed and collaborate with Director of Quality to identify data gaps for ACO Quality collection.
- Performing as SHCN’s subject-matter expert for all ACO Quality, MIPS, and Risk Tab functions within athenaHealth, eClinicalWorks, and all identified affiliate EHR's
- Maintain current knowledge of functionalities available within EHR systems (athenaHealth, eClinicalWorks and all identified affiliate EHR's)
- Serves as SHCN’s EHR liaison for application issues, opens cases/tickets with EHR vendors and facilitates conversation between SHCN and Vendor
- Creating, posting, and management of online training tutorials (PDF, .ppt, video, etc) representing EHR provider and front office workflow aimed to maximize value for MIPS/ACO reporting.
- Build of ACO Quality fields, templates, flowsheets, dashboards and any other data entry mechanisms aimed to maximize collection of MIPS/ACO data
- Optimal provider/practice workflow training.
- Virtual and in-person (NE) Train the Trainer activities with Performance Teams nationwide
- Virtual Train the Provider activities nationwide, should represent a smaller portion of overall trainings.
- Troubleshoot root cause of data gaps in all national reporting for MIPS, ACO Quality
- Identifies all solutions for data gaps, creates thorough plan for remediation, works with SHCN staff to implement and monitor until resolved
- Support the Quality and Risk Adjustment team identifying root cause of data gaps within EHR
- Provides planning, reporting, evaluating, and facilitating improvement processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency in SHCN practices.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the support of clinical providers and ambulatory practices, specifically with the use of healthcare electronic records. Familiarity with quality measure programs is highly desirable
- eClinicalWorks (preferred), AthenaClinicals (preferred), all identified affiliate EHRs, PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.