Embedded Care Coordinator
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Bachelor's degree is required.
A valid driver's license is required.
3-5 years experience is required.
The role of the Care Coordinator is to assist individuals, families, and internal teams who are experiencing difficulty adjusting to illness, disability or post-acute care. The objective of the Care Coordinator is to enable the individual and/or family to develop adequate coping skills and educate them on available resources within Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and the community.
- Assesses, develops, and coordinates a child-centered clinical treatment program for patients with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders in a post-acute care setting.
- Provides clinical consultations and thorough psychosocial evaluations as an integral part of the Care Management team.
- Maintains an open level of communication with treating physician and case managers in planning and directing each patient's treatment program.
- Oversees individual treatment and progress in accordance with SHCN policy and procedure, along with state regulations.
- Instructs and counsels patients and family members/caretakers regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Provides ongoing age-appropriate supportive counseling/therapy to patients and family members using evidence-based therapeutic approaches.
- Interprets psychiatric treatment plans to patient and patient's family using age-appropriate and culturally competent language to help reduce fear and other obstacles hindering acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment.
- Makes referrals to case managers, as appropriate, and/or refers patient's family to community support services and resources.
- Utilize resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of patients and families.
- Collaborate with youth and family service agencies at the local, county and state level including but not limited to schools, special education services, DCFS, family court systems.
- Provides ongoing education to case managers to promote understanding of child and adolescent-specific psycho/social needs and assists with referrals to other disciplines as needed.
- Develops and implements child and youth-focused support or assistive programs when necessary.
- Provide solutions to complex clinical problems through analysis, identification of programs, and opportunities for improvement to align with a strategic plan of SHCN and Care Management
- Provides concise and thorough documentation through psycho/social assessment and progress notes, including changes in medical psycho/social functioning, progression and attainment of goals, referrals to internal and external agencies, and contact/involvement with patient's family.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working in a post-acute care environment strongly preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with children and adolescents, their family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage children and adolescents of varying ages and families in helping relationships.
- Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the patient and the requirements of the organization/department.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting sound judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotionally charged topics.
- Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of information, perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change, and manage transitions effectively from task to task.
- Must possess a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic.
- Ability to travel, including valid driver's license and auto liability insurance coverage according to company policy.
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and member populations in a professional manner.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years working within a health care environment.
Job Reference #: 47290