Human Resource Business Partner - SHCN
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on a wide verity of human resource-related issues, objectives, and organizational initiatives.
Partner with assigned department leaders to ensure ongoing organizational development by:
- Working closely with business leaders to understand their operations and the needs of the department
- Serve as a consultant to business leaders by providing guidance on employee involved business decisions including; unit restructures, workforce planning, talent development and succession planning
- Identifying training and development needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Participate in the development, delivery and monitoring of training programs to ensure success
- Utilize available data and metrics to determine employee related trends that are impacting the business and partner with leaders and the HR team to develop, implement and monitor positive business solutions
Work collaboratively with leadership and employees to improve the employee experience:
- Successfully balance employee needs with business objectives
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues within assigned business units; conduct thorough and objective investigations with a strong sense of ethics, accountability, and resolution
- Create and support employee engagement and culture initiatives that drive and support the mission and vision of the organization and align with our values
- Lead and support performance management and compensation activities
- Ensure continued and informative communication to employees to increase engagement and understanding of the organizations objectives and goals
Ensure compliance with local, federal and other governing bodies:
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
- Reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Participate and manage employee workforce audits and regulatory reporting requirements
Partner with the Talent Acquisition and Training teams to ensure effective transfer, promotions and on-boarding of new hires. Conduct and assist with New Employee Orientation (NEO).
- Serve as a role model, mentor and resource to all employees
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- BachelorGÇÖs degree in HR or related field preferred
- Human Resources certification preferred (SHRM/ PHR)
Years of Experience:
- At least three year/s experience in Human Resources
Work Related Experience:
- At least one year(s) experience in Leave of Absence Management & State/Federal benefit programs
- At least one year(s) experience in new employment on-boarding or recruitment
- Previous experience in professional development and training, or employee relations a plus
- HR experience in a healthcare or insurance field preferred
- Proven ability to partner with leaders and drive change and engagement
- Communicates clearly, listens well, and able to make balanced decisions that are fair and consistent
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workersGÇÖ compensation, union relations, and federal and state employment laws
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
- Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
- Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a timeGÇÉpressured environment.
- Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
- Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from an internal and external customer
- Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.
Job Reference #: 1900926