Lead, ACO Program Development
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Position Purpose: The position will lead ACO programs development for Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) as described in the essential duties below.
Lead new program development in Massachusetts, including but not limited to:
* Build key elements of Steward's integrated accountable care and managed care programs for government payers
* Develop and execute integration activities between ACO and health plan functions
* Evolve current state Massachusetts ACO programs into future state as contract terms change
* Identify innovative models that could drive performance in ACO programs, evaluate feasibility, and initiate pilots to test the models
* Project management related to design, development and implementation of new and evolving ACO programs in Massachusetts
* Bachelor's degree required. Masters preferred
Years of Experience:
* 5+ years health care experience
Work Related Experience:
* Experience with Massachusetts' ACO Programs preferred
* Experience managing programs, initiatives, projects.
* Experience working in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment
* Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement.
* Understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government healthcare programs.
* Analytic skills to collect information from diverse sources and summarize the information and data to solve problems.
* Accuracy and attention to detail required
* Demonstrates ability to think critically and creatively
* Possesses specialized knowledge related to accountable care, population health, and public policy
* Possesses strong interpersonal written and oral skills
* Possesses excellent time management skills with proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
* Ability to create, interpret, and disseminate information across multiple internal and external stakeholders
* Possesses strong project management techniques to take initiatives from idea to execution
* Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across departments in a highly matrixed environment
* Accepts flexibility in work schedule willingly. (e.g. periodic early morning or evening meetings)
* Requisite poise, judgment, and trustworthiness to represent Steward to internal and external groups
* Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
* Strong knowledge of standard computer software tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Visio, Project, and Sharepoint.
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Manages concurrent projects with competing priorities and aggressive deadlines.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholder in person, via telephone and email.
* Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
* Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
* Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
* Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time?pressured environment.
* Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
* Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from internal and external stakeholders
* Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
* Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.
Job Reference #: 100024828