Learning Management System Administrator
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Reporting to the Director of Health Informatics, the Developer participates on a team to meet the technical programming needs of the department and Steward Health Care Network (SHCN).
Position Purpose: The Learning Management System Administrator provides technical leadership in the support of the learning management system (LMS). This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. The Learning Management System Administrator oversees the installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS.
- Ensure the daily operation and functionality of the LMS including managing the HRIS feeds to confirm new employees have been created and proper new hire assignments are auto-assigned correctly
- Ensure functionality of the LMS in areas of registration, notification, administration of training operations, assessments, etc.
- Uploads relevant courses and materials within the LMS, then populates course information and assigns learners
- Manages community areas within the LMS including functionality, appearance, tabs, home canvases, and settings
- Collaborates with leaders on training needs and opportunities for the expansion of talent development within the organization
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives
- Manages reports to monitor compliance of mandatory trainings
- Publishes and archives online or blended learning solutions, assign training curricula, and adds and removes resources
- Develops and updates standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and ad hoc reports when requested
- Manages tracking of course revisions and history
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing/completing courses
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to system functionality and software systems
- Recognizes and resolve any issues that may occur when it comes to course design, its configurations or infrastructure
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems
- Uses SCORM software to build, review, publish courses for the LMS
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an LMS administrator or in a similar position
- At least one years’ experience with e-learning authoring tools (i.e. Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Experienced with video editing software (i.e. Movavi, Adobe Premier Pro, Camtasia, etc.)
- Previous experience with Saba is a preferred
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, file structures, and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond positively to change and the challenges and opportunities it brings
- Strong knowledge and skills of online learning and web-based applications
- Customer service skills, responsive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning, and prioritizing
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18289