Local Network Manager
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: This position is directly responsible for the development, adequacy, implementation and management of Physician, Hospital, and Ancillary network providers. Oversees and is responsible to provide education, training, and management to achieve established goals within their assigned Chapter(s). Leads Network initiatives such as provider education for new payer implementation.
- Ensure that network providers satisfy financial goals within the assigned Chapter.
- Develop provider strategies including, but not limited to: Participating in and leading Chapter meetings, Develop and communicate strategic initiatives to strengthen the financial position of the assigned Chapter(s), Perform in-service/education to providers, Ensure providers are following proper medical procedure and referral, information/authorization, covered service guidelines, and submission of claims, Utilize reporting, including developing new reports and available data to facilitate data sharing and improve performance within the Chapter.
- Leads Chapter meetings and facilitates impromptu meetings as required, Develops strong relationships with hospital leadership as well as provider groups, Provides orientation to new providers within 30 days of contract execution, Providers understand and actively work to maximize contract opportunities, Responds to requests for research and resolution to complaints, Communications and items disseminated are complete and accurate.
- Communicates regularly through various communication methodologies, including one on one or group meetings, with local providers and their staff consistent with the key messages disseminated from the SHCN Governance Structure at the direction of the SHCN Leadership Team. Develops and provides education to provider and office staff regarding initiatives of the local chapter and SHCN including health plan updates.
- Develop, monitor, administer, maintain, and manage the physician, hospital, and ancillary provider network within all PODs: Analyze and evaluate network coverage to identify network needs, Understand and explain contract opportunities to providers.
- Network coverage is analyzed and evaluated to ensure network adequacy, Service gaps are identified and a strategy is developed and implemented to cover such gaps.
- Has knowledge on all PCPs and Specialists within assigned Chapter, including key information such as group membership, affiliations, and historically contextual elements.
- Develop and implement provider education campaigns around new payers other initiatives: Analyze and evaluate provider education needs, including reporting and provider tool-kit materials.
- Consistent and concise messaging to the provider network, new payer contract documents are delivered and processed efficiently within required timelines.
- Ability to convey information about the Steward Health Care Network and the Steward system to leave candidates with a positive impression about the organization.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in healthcare environment
- Minimum of one (1) year contract negotiation experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to identify opportunities for performance improvement and translate into action plans.
- Strong communication and relationship skills required. Knowledge of methods used for improving performance/motivation.
- Ability to generate creative solutions, identify the best course of action and rapidly resolve complex issues/problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both internal and external customers at all organizational levels, and across differing cultural backgrounds
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled