Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Director, National ACO Finance, the Manager, Finance will oversee the finance team and coordinate all daily finance activities that will support the financial reporting, budgeting, accounting, and analysis requirements of the ACO.
- Support North business unit leadership with monthly financial reporting, ad hoc financial analysis, and annual budgeting
- Mentor and support analysts leading the financial reporting in the South
- Manage key financial processes including but not limited to:
- Regional financial packages
- Financial projections
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Annual audit support
- Performance distributions
- Cash management (tracking/projecting payor receipts and provider distributions)
- Prioritize team tasks and coordinate with the Director to delegate responsibilities based on the needs of the organization
- Develop and execute process improvement plans for routine financial operations such as monthly close reporting, invoice processing, check request tracking, P&L variance analysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA license preferred
Years of Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in healthcare finance required
- Understanding of how an Accountable Care Organization coordinates with payers and providers
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills
- Strong analytic skills – the ability to track down AND effectively utilize data to solve problems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to diverse audiences
- Discretion to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong Excel skills, ability to work within PowerPoint
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.