Manager of Hospice Care Coordination
Registered Nurse/ Nurse Leadership
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Under general direction of departmental leadership the program manager will focus on End of Life Program Development. The Program Manager oversees, monitors, coordinates, and supervises the daily operations of Steward Health Care Network's Hospice and Serious Illness Care program. Works collaboratively with the care management team and other internal and external stakeholders to maintain optimal processes and procedures to ensure an excellent level of service and clinical care
- Coordinates hospice referrals for patients in the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and provides direct management of process and assessment of performance by external and internal hospice programs.
- Helps identify ACO patients appropriate for hospice referrals, completion of paperwork as needed to facilitate transitions. Ensures documentation of activities is captured in the appropriate system(s)
- Provides clinical guidance, counseling and clinical expertise to key internal and external stakeholder's to assist in continually improving clinical care and performance using best practices and data to improve performance.
- Meets regularly with internal and external staff to facilitate quality hospice services to ACO patients and helps transition patients to hospice when appropriate.
- Helps provide services and education to key stakeholders to promote best practices and implementation of quality of care (e.g. Advanced Directives, palliative care, end of life services etc.).
- Stays informed of changes in nursing and hospice practice and informs appropriate organizational personnel.
- Assists leadership in developing and growing the program promoting hospice referrals in the community and managing the clinical teams in the program.
- Responsible for growing the program in 2019 from hospice services to more broadly incorporate serious illness planning and initiatives.
- Assists with the development, management, and forecasting of department budget. Monitors expenses within approved budget. Maintains vendor services agreements as needed.
- Assists key stakeholders in implementing care via agencies and evaluating clinical status and needs of the patient, family / caregiver care as indicated.
- Works with analytics and IT to obtain risk-adjusted data with the goal of optimizing patient management and assignments. Creates and optimizes hospice provider dashboards.
- Works collaboratively with the department leaders and the IT department to ensure the maintenance of care management databases and use of care management documentation systems. Proactive about identifying and advocating for system enhancements that may be required to deliver high quality care management services. Collaborates with IT teams to implement, test, and deploy system upgrades and enhancements.
- Responsible for the implementation of Care Improvement (LEAN) initiatives and principles related to achieving quality and patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership that creates and fosters a culture of continuous improvement in the department.
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and company policies and procedures.
- Travels throughout the SHCN network for meetings with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Reference #: 100021727