Manager of Population Health Analytics - Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Reporting to the Director of Analytics, this role manages a team to meet the analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and its constituents. This role oversees the successful development and implementation of high-priority analytic initiatives to support business and operational leadership.
* Manages a team of analysts to design, develop, and implement high-level analytic projects related to the development of financial models and population health evaluations.
* Leads team of analysts to do analytic deep dives into various business initiatives.
* Ensures all projects are clearly defined and organized using standard project management techniques and project plans.
* Monitors workflow and project status to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables.
* Collaborates closely with multiple departments and teams to ensure the success of all projects.
* Ensures data quality and accuracy through the implementation of automated audit and data management practices.
* Responsible for creating efficiencies to improve data management, reporting, and analytic processes.
* Collaborates with senior leadership and constituents to identify and address analytic needs to support accountable care efforts for all populations.
* Manages team resources to support ad hoc analytic requests from SHCN leadership and performance teams.
* Promotes the professional growth and development of team members. Advise staff in analytic, data management, and reporting best practices.
* Performs other functions as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Proven success in leading complex and highly visible projects within a large healthcare provider organization setting (utilizing effective planning, project tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines).
* Prior experience leading teams and directly managing staff.
* Understanding of database structures and data management processes.
* Working knowledge of healthcare claims and electronic health record (EHR) data, CPT and ICD codes, and DRGs.
* Advanced analytic skills in statistics and scenario modeling required
* Thorough understanding of population health organizations and concepts, quality measures (e.g. HEDIS, NQF, etc.), performance measurements in relation to value-based care, risk contracts, and accountable care organizations (ACO).
* SQL, Excel, and R Skills required
* Experienced in communicating with and presenting to Executive leadership.
* Must be a self-motivated professional with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred in Analytics, Statistics, or other advanced mathematical degree
Experience: At least seven years in healthcare, with significant experience leading high-visibility analytic projects; use of claims data, management of teams, and clear advancement in responsibilities.
Hardware/Software: SQL, SQL Server, VBA, R, ETL, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and/or other query/analytic tools strongly preferred.
Job Reference #: 54828