Manager of Population Health Analytics
Reporting to the Director of Analytics, this role manages a team to meet the analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and its constituents. This role oversees the successful development and implementation of high-priority analytic initiatives to support business and operational leadership.
• Manages a team of analysts to design, develop, and implement high-level analytic projects related to the development of financial models and population health evaluations.
• Leads team of analysts to do analytic deep dives into various business initiatives.
• Ensures all projects are clearly defined and organized using standard project management techniques and project plans.
• Monitors workflow and project status to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables.
• Collaborates closely with multiple departments and teams to ensure the success of all projects.
• Ensures data quality and accuracy through the implementation of automated audit and data management practices.
• Responsible for creating efficiencies to improve data management, reporting, and analytic processes.
• Collaborates with senior leadership and constituents to identify and address analytic needs to support accountable care efforts for all populations.
• Manages team resources to support ad hoc analytic requests from SHCN leadership and performance teams.
• Promotes the professional growth and development of team members. Advise staff in analytic, data management, and reporting best practices.
• Performs other functions as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Proven success in leading complex and highly visible projects within a large healthcare provider organization setting (utilizing effective planning, project tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines).
• Prior experience leading teams and directly managing staff.
• Understanding of database structures and data management processes.
• Working knowledge of healthcare claims and electronic health record (EHR) data, CPT and ICD codes, and DRGs.
• Advanced analytic skills in statistics and scenario modeling required
• Thorough understanding of population health organizations and concepts, quality measures (e.g. HEDIS, NQF, etc.), performance measurements in relation to value-based care, risk contracts, and accountable care organizations (ACO).
• SQL, Excel, and R Skills required
• Experienced in communicating with and presenting to Executive leadership.
• Must be a self-motivated professional with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred in Analytics, Statistics, or other advanced mathematical degree
Experience: At least seven years in healthcare, with significant experience leading high-visibility analytic projects; use of claims data, management of teams, and clear advancement in responsibilities.
Hardware/Software: SQL, SQL Server, VBA, R, ETL, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and/or other query/analytic tools strongly preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2347