Manager, Outbound Patient Services
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Responsible for managing the outbound services team and working with all other areas within the contact center ensuring outstanding patient/member experience. Assist with the development and continual improvement of existing and new programs designed for readmission reduction for all populations. Oversee the training and development of staff. Create and review performance data to communicate to leadership. Promote and maintain a culture of positivity and growth within the contact center.
- Responsible for effectively managing discharge operations, including the following classifications of outreach, discharge follow-up, discharge scheduling, and health care referrals
- Responsible for the management of employees associated discharge operations, marketing initiatives, on-going campaigns and DoctorFinder related responsibilities
- Interact with the team through continual team meetings, one on one meetings, and team building sessions
- Provide leadership, development, and coaching of employees
- Compile monthly reports for leadership, along with daily metrics reporting
- Develop new applicable reporting and enhance existing reports to meet nationwide contact center needs
- Develop contact center standards, processes, procedures, and documentation to support quality and service goals, involving patient scheduling, member retention, and the overall Steward Health Care experience
- Ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourage feedback and patient/member insight to enhance overall experience
- Work directly with Executive Director for consistent process improvement and growth opportunities based on population needs within the business operations
- Work with HR to recruit and select team members
- Ensure employees have necessary trainings and appropriate job aids to perform their job responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors in relevant field (health care, business, or social services) required
- Masters in relevant field preferred (health care, business, or social services)
Years of Experience:
- Minimum: 3 years’ experience
- Preferred: 5 years’ experience
- Familiarity with healthcare services and healthcare coverage processes
- Experience with data analytic software’s
- Call Center technology and programs
- Strong and developing leadership experience
- Analytic and data interpretation skills; ability to use data to communicate processes and outcomes effectively
- Working in a high call volume call center
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.