Manager, Patient Experience Advisor
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for the achievement of departmental and company directed goals for the optimal patient experience through propagation of best practices by coaching, training, and collaborating at both the division and system levels. This position is responsible for the Patient Experience Advisors, who act as internal consultants and resources to Network physician practices and regional teams with the goal of driving performance excellence. Performance is all encompassing of quality, cost efficiency and patient experience. Reporting to the Executive Director of Quality, the Manager, Patient Experience Advisor (PEA) serves as a leader, facilitator and change agent for continuous process and performance improvement by providing project planning and execution, understanding, defining, and communicating process redesign.
- Set goals and monitor progress to achievement of goals for Patient Experience Advisor team through day-to-day oversight of teamwork and projects
- Evaluate and redefine approaches, policies, workflows, and procedures based on most recent evidence-based practices published by industry leaders to ensure that Steward approach to ambulatory patient experience remains up to date and relevant
- Assess regional performance in relation to established goals and standards; recommend new approaches, policies, workflows and procedures to achieve continuous improvement for all practices in the region; Assists in the determination of goals and priorities with regional leads, physician practices, or project management sponsors
- Manage improvement action plans, coordinates team/project activities and schedules, quantify benefits, and provide leadership and mentorship to ensure robust and sustainable implementation, meeting all required timelines
- Lead and facilitate improvement within regional leads and Performance team that will drive or have a direct impact on performance improvements and enhancing patient satisfaction
- Work collaboratively to solve problems, minimize barriers, and reduce resistance to change
- Collaborate across functional departments to manage and implement changes/enhancements
- Present relevant information and/or findings to various stakeholders across the Network
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including training, mentoring, recruiting, other departmental activities
- Additional duties as assigned based on business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required
Years of Experience:
- Experience working with physician practices in a quality capacity preferred
- Minimum of 3 years supervising/managing a team
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting
- Experience with diverse populations a plus
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and member populations in a professional manner
- Demonstrated performance in project management, process improvement and project implementation
- Proven administrative and coaching ability in complex environments
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate data resulting in actionable recommendations
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and demanding workloads
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with good communication skills, supportive attitude, and the ability to provide mentorship when appropriate
- Lean or Six Sigma training a plus; knowledge of process improvement techniques preferred
- Knowledge of managed care principles and physician practice
- MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing spreadsheets, graphs, and other presentation materials
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.