Medical Scheduler " PrimaCARE, P.C.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.: PrimaCare, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior, and partnership.
Prima Care, P.C. has an opening for an experienced full-time Medical Scheduler who provides scheduling support for a multi-faceted clinical office to ensure a smooth scheduling function in the Central Scheduling Department with excellent patient relations, interprets operating policies, while exercising independent judgment in resolution of clerical problems.
- Answer incoming phone lines to schedule appointments for provider offices.
- Assist patients with rescheduling tests as needed.
- Research previous reports as needed (rotated weekly).
- Obtains missing orders from provider office as needed (rotated weekly).
- Prepares encounters for the next workday.
- Assists radiology technicians with add-ons as needed onto the schedule.
- Checks orders for the following business day to ensure accuracy.
- Call’s mammography patients when additional testing is needed.
- Educates patient on required preparation before their scheduled test.
- Informs provider office if authorization requires a peer-to-peer approval with the payer.
- Places outbound phone calls to patients to confirm their appointments in coordination with the confirmation specialist.
- Call’s patients that have NO SHOWED and offers to reschedule their appointment.
- Document’s information in the EMR.
- Handles patient, provider, and staff requests within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- A High School diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED) required
Years of Experience:
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is required
- Experience in a medical office preferred
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and experience with office procedures and in business/administrative processes and procedures with strong computer skills
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
PrimaCARE, P.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PrimaCARE, P.C. does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.