Patient Experience Advisor Supervisor
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
This position is responsible for the achievement of departmental and company directed goals for the optimal overall customer experience through utilization of coaching, best practices and collaboration with various teams throughout the organization. This position is responsible for the Member Experience Advisors, who act as an internal consultant and resource to Network physician practices with a goal of driving performance excellence. Performance is all encompassing of quality, cost efficiency and patient experience. Reporting to the Director of Patient Experience, the Patient Experience Advisor-Supervisor serves as a leader, facilitator and change agent for continuous process and performance improvement by providing project planning and execution, understanding, defining, and communicating process redesign.
Essential Duties and Primary Accountabilities:
Assess performance in relation to established goals and standards; recommend new approaches, policies, workflows and procedures to effect continuous improvement; Assists in the determination of goals and priorities with team, physician practices, or project management sponsors
Manage improvement action plans, coordinates team/project activities and schedules, quantify benefits, and provide leadership and mentorship to ensure robust and sustainable implementation, meeting all required timelines; Lead and facilitate improvement within physician practices and Performance team that will drive or have a direct impact on performance improvements and enhancing patient satisfaction; Work collaboratively to solve problems, minimize barriers and reduce resistance to change
Assist leadership in identifying key improvements that will provide the optimum benefit in enhancing quality and patient satisfaction; Develop effective communication methods with assigned practices, SHCN team members and leadership
Collaborate across functional departments to manage and implement changes/enhancements; Identifies and facilities the collection and analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data and identifies key findings
Present relevant presentations to various stakeholders across the Network; Participates in the development and management of the department, including training, mentoring, recruiting, other departmental activities.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in related field required (or equivalent combination of education and experience), Master's degree preferred.
Years of Experience:
* At least five years experience working with physician practices in a quality capacity
Work Related Experience:
* Understanding of the health care delivery setting
* Experience with diverse populations a plus
* Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and member populations in a professional manner
* Demonstrated performance in project management, process improvement and project implementation
* Proven administrative and coaching ability in complex environments
* Strong ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate data resulting in actionable recommendations
* Excellent presentation and organizational skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must have strong problem solving ability
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and demanding workloads
* Must be able to work in a team environment, with good communication skills, supportive attitude and the ability to provide mentorship when appropriate
* Lean or Six Sigma training a plus; knowledge of process improvement techniques required
* Knowledge of managed care principles and physician practice
* MS Office Suite
* Demonstrated proficiency preparing spreadsheets, graphs and other presentation materials
Physical and Mental Demands
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
* Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
* Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
* Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
* Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time?pressured environment.
* Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
* Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from an internal and external customer
* Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
* Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.
Job Reference #: 53815