Patient Experience Advisor
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Patient Experience Advisors act as an internal consultant and resource to network physician practices with a goal of driving performance excellence. Performance is all encompassing of quality, cost efficiency and patient experience. Reporting to the National Executive Director of Quality, the Patient Experience Advisor serves as a facilitator and change agent for continuous process and performance improvement by providing project planning and execution, understanding, defining, and communicating process redesign.
- Assess performance in relation to established goals and standards; recommend new approaches, policies, workflows and procedures to effect continuous improvement; Assists in the determination of goals and priorities with team, physician practices, or project management sponsors
- Manage improvement interventions, coordinates team/project activities and schedules, quantify benefits, and provide leadership and mentorship to ensure robust and sustainable implementation, meeting all required timelines; Work collaboratively to solve problems, minimize barriers and reduce resistance to change
- Assist leadership in identifying key improvements that will provide the optimum benefit in enhancing quality and patient satisfaction; Develop effective communication methods to be shared with practices, SHCN team members and leadership
- Collaborate across functional departments to manage and implement changes/enhancements; Identifies and facilities the collection and analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data and identifies key findings
- Present relevant presentations to a variety of stakeholders across the Network; Participates in the development and management of the department, including training, mentoring, recruiting, other departmental activities
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (or equivalent combination of education and experience), Master’s degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- At least five years’ experience working with physician practices in a quality capacity
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting
- Experience with diverse populations a plus
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and member populations in a professional manner
- Demonstrated performance in project management, process improvement and project implementation
- Proven administrative and coaching ability in complex environments
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate data resulting in actionable recommendations
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and demanding workloads
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with good communication skills, supportive attitude and the ability to provide mentorship when appropriate
- Lean or Six Sigma training a plus; knowledge of process improvement techniques required
- Knowledge of managed care principles and physician practice
- MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing spreadsheets, graphs and other presentation materials
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.