Performance Liaison Supervisor
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Performance Liaison Supervisor oversees the training and field work of the Performance Liaisons In collaboration with the Performance Manager, this position is responsible for the program development, hiring, training and field implementation in physician practices with opportunities for improved quality, risk adjustment and clinical workflow (referral management and population health management) performance. A field supervisor, this position is a valuable resource to the Regional Performance Operations Team.
- Works collaboratively with the Performance Operations team and local chapter staff, Office Managers, and practice staff to coordinate improvement efforts related to overall performance.
- Oversees the assessment of performance in relation to established goals and standards; participates in the recommendation of new approaches, policies, workflows, and procedures to effect continual progress toward goals and standards.
- Implementation of performance improvement plans at the practice level.
- Oversees improvement within physician practices that will drive or have a direct impact on process improvements and enhancing clinical workflows.
- Produces and maintains record by keeping database up to date and reporting progress on a weekly basis and to determine impact of interventions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and/or County laws and regulations related to coding and documentation guidelines for Risk Adjustment and HEDIS measures
- Reviews for clinical indicators and query providers to capture the severity of illness of the patient.
- Interacts with providers regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures, and conflicting/ambiguous or non-specific documentation.
- Supports process improvement to enhance physician and staff workflow.
- Supports medical record data review/collection for appeals and exclusions at the time of data submission per contractual obligations.
- Directly engages patients to ensure screening and other required preventative tests and appointments are completed.
- Works with laboratory and other vendors as required to collect patient results.
- Participates in office/practice team huddles as appropriate.
- Works with SHCN Patient Registry and practice Electronic Health Record or paper record to support SHCN reporting and monitoring of quality performance.
- Consults with the Performance Manager and other stakeholders on the development of goals and standards that align with the strategic plan of SHCN.
- Provides expertise to develop and sustain process improvements at all levels of the organization.
- Provides dashboard reports to providers and practices and recommendations on improvement.
- Works collaboratively to solve problems, to improve processes, and to integrate services within physician practices.
- Maintains collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Collaborates across functional departments to support and implement changes/enhancements.
- Provides leadership in planning, reporting, evaluating, and facilitating improvement processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency in SHCN member practices.
- Manages the development of effective communication methods to keep staff and others informed about improvement activities of the practice.
- Provides SHCN Performance Operations and practice staff with appropriate level of clinical training relative to performance measures including but not limited to spirometry, ABIs, taking and recording a blood pressure, urine collection and diabetes in-office testing.
- Coaches the Performance Liaisons on the effective design and implementation of plans for continuous improvement and best practices within physician practices.
- Assists in preparation of training materials (internal or external). Provides on-site education and guidance.
- Medical Assistant certification or LPN license preferred.
Years of Experience:
- 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Clinical background (Medical Assistant or LPN) with coding (HCC/MRA) experience preferred
- Experience in quality and risk adjustment preferred.
- Familiarity and understanding of CMS HCC Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements, as well as HEDIS.
- Required to attend meetings as necessary at local chapter and SHCN central offices.
- Ability to work independently or in collaborative, team environments
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills: able to effectuate areas of opportunity to providers and practices as well as leadership.
- Ability to use technology effectively with basic Microsoft excel proficiency.
- Strong sense of diplomacy and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to support the management of multiple priorities, at multiple practice locations, with significant attention to detail
- Ability to manage and coach staff
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17922