Physician Recruiter (Psychiatry)
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
This role supports recruitment for both physicians and advanced practitioners across our health care system. The physician recruitment specialist will work directly with the Regional Director to support the growth strategies of the organization, focused on specific markets in Eastern Massachusetts. The role is designed to foster mentorship and a close working relationship with a senior executive to ensure success. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, driven, team player with excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to work with a team. 2-5 Years Recruitment Experience Required.
- Creates and places physician recruitment ads on internal and external websites, specialty journals, and other resources.
- Initiates marketing strategies to continually recruit Primary Care Physicians.
- Creatively sources physicians from external and internal physician recruitment databases.
- Represents and markets the organization at physician recruitment conferences/career fairs and other venues to promote the organization.
- Responsible for collecting, uploading, organizing, maintaining, and distributing all CVs received from physicians.
- Analyzes information listed on candidate CVs and verifies with state and national agencies.
- Schedules interviews and prepares interview itineraries, as needed/requested.
- Assists with sending and collecting reference forms from references provided by physicians for pending hires.
- Assists with sending and collecting interview evaluations from physicians and interviewers.
- Contacts prospective candidates and conducts preliminary phone screening for Director.
- Generates reports and call lists from PraticeMatch and Salesforce database.
- Contacts physicians through targeted email blasts.
- Manages marketing materials with hospitals and SMG to share with physicians (distribute packets).
- Coordinates travel, lodging, and community tours for candidates.
- Maintains candidate database.
- Attends meetings with the Director as necessary.
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- BA/BS degree required
Years of Experience:
- 2-5 years’ recruitment experience required
- Strong communicator and organizer who can demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor.
- Ability to act independently and accept guidance and recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner.
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in a highly fluid environment.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence and converse with physicians daily.