Population Health Integration, Lead
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the President, MSO, the Population Health Integration, Lead is responsible for aligning all aspects of Population Health MSO strategic initiatives, vendor oversight, and project planning for the MSO team. This role will lead key business initiatives for the MSO aimed at developing a client-centric approach to operations, ensuring operational efficiencies, meeting budgeted and contractual performance targets, and coordinating between the delivery of services to external partners, including ACO and Health Plan divisions. The role will support alignment and integration across performance operations, clinical operations, information technology, marketing, data analytics, and project management. To this end, the role will assume a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: developing and executing project and implementation plans, reporting on progress towards key business objectives, continuous quality improvement monitoring, research and reporting, and vendor management.
- Responsible for planning coordinating, implementing, and overseeing strategies to support the Population Health MSO Operations team with the overall goal of integrating and aligning initiatives that cross-cut Population Health MSO departments to improve performance and maximize operational efficiency.
- Support and be responsive to MSO clients’ business needs
- Establish documentation and playbooks to support national scaling of all MSO services and tools
- Provides strategic and operational guidance to each of the Population Health MSO leadership roles, and aligns efforts across the department to create a holistic approach to meet department obligations.
- Ensures that strategies are made and executed with consideration of quality improvement, utilization management, care retention, and patient experience, and are developed using internal performance data, industry standards, and standardized literature reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring Population Health MSO leadership and teams meet internal and external deliverable deadlines through the production and maintenance of a detailed project plan.
- Ensures compliance of vendor obligations and optimizes use of vendor services and capabilities by MSO team members.
- When new contracts are brought on board, manage the implementation and integration of the contract when aspects of the contract impact multiple divisions of the Population Health MSO.
- Analyzes departmental performance data and engages in competitive intelligence research to identify opportunities for improvement, growth, and continued success.
- Creates plans, systems, and methodologies to support integration of opportunities into the department’s workflow.
- Collaboration of program management team supporting MSO team to ensure all work is met on time and as requested by delegated entities.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor of Science required, Master’s degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a healthcare setting
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management experience
- Advanced ability to analyze cost and clinical care outcomes across a variety of care settings
- Possesses specialized knowledge related to accountable care, population health, care management, and public policy
- Advanced data aggregation and analytical skills and ability to present data in a meaningful manner
- Knowledge of key care management and health care quality concepts
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively.
- Ability to create, interpret, and disseminate information succinctly and clearly across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including providers.
- Applies strong project management techniques to take initiatives from idea to execution.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across departments in a highly matrixed environment.
- Requisite poise, judgement, and trustworthiness to represent Steward to internal and external groups.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Competency in standard computer software tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, and SharePoint
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14843