Population Health Specialist - Full Time - Steward Health Care Network
Come grow with us!
Steward Health Care System is part of the Steward Health Care Network (www.valleycareofohio.steward.org). Our facilities are located in northeastern Ohio, within the beautiful Mahoning valley, and is a network of three (3) hospitals, and numerous outpatient and physician practice locations throughout the area. With aggressive growth plans including expanding and enhancing our healthcare facilities, our vision is to provide the highest quality healthcare for northeastern Ohio. Although our health system has grown over time, our hospitals have been providing exceptional care for almost 100 years. Please visit our website for more information about our growth and progress www.valleycareofohio.net
Work collaboratively with assigned Performance and LC staff, Office Managers, and practice staff to coordinate improvement efforts related to overall performance. Implementation of performance improvement plans at the practice level.
- Assists Practice Staff with use of Patient Registry and Athena Clarity
- Works with SHCN Patient Registry and practice Electronic Health Record or paper record to support SHCN reporting and monitoring of quality performance.
- Works with assigned practices as appropriate and agreed upon to engage patients which may include but not limited to:
- Directly engaging patients to ensure screening and other required preventative tests and appointments are completed.
- Coordinating with local specialist offices or other entities to coordinate care and ensure patient follow up.
- Engaging patients through mailings, phone calls or other methods and working with the practice to build a process to engage patients going forward.
- Working with laboratory and other vendors as required to collect patient results.
- Facilitating communications with patients/payers to ensure accurate eligibility, and to minimize inaccurate patient panel assignment.
- Participate in office/practice team huddles as appropriate
- Support process improvement to enhance physician and staff workflow
- Support/conduct pre-visit planning reviews for practices.
- Support medical record data review/collection for appeals and exclusions.
- Communication and coordination with Population Health Advisors on an ongoing basis, escalating any issues at the practice level in a timely manner
- Produces and maintains record by keeping database up to date and reporting progress on a weekly basis and to determine impact of interventions.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Coordinate with SHCN management to track and share data with practice on patient experience improvement measures and performance against goals.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates, after receipt of training, ability to use all applicable electronic systems/applications including but not limited to the Patient Registry, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and population management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with multiple teams and in multiple settings.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Detail-oriented with strong multi-task abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including customer service skills.
- Has or is able to obtains a basic understanding of management of chronic health conditions and population management.
- Able to, after receipt of training, produce and do simple analysis of basic quality measure reporting.
- Understands and complies with highest standards of confidentiality.
equired to attend meetings as necessary at LC and SHCN central offices
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): Two to four years healthcare experience working within a Performance Improvement role; experience in either medical practice management, managed care provider relations, or hospital physician management operations.
Softward/Hardware: Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 782674b5-9b33-4525-a3dd-4f82951fa186