Population Health Specialist
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
The Population Health Specialist (PHS) as a member of the Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) team works in collaboration with physician practices with opportunities for improved performance. The PHS is a valuable resource in process improvement and providing practice staff assistance and guidance in quality reporting. Provides support for the practice to meet organizational quality and efficiency goals through optimizing practice work flow and a focus on patient engagement. Must possess the ability to work independently with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to support the management of multiple priorities, at multiple locations, with significant attention to detail for completion of both verbal and written external communications.
Work collaboratively with assigned Performance and LC staff, Office Managers, and practice staff to coordinate improvement efforts related to overall performance. Implementation of performance improvement plans at the practice level.
* Assists Practice Staff with use of Patient Registry and Athena Clarity
* Works with SHCN Patient Registry and practice Electronic Health Record or paper record to support SHCN reporting and monitoring of quality performance.
* Works with assigned practices as appropriate and agreed upon to engage patients which may include but not limited to:
o Directly engaging patients to ensure screening and other required preventative tests and appointments are completed.
o Coordinating with local specialist offices or other entities to coordinate care and ensure patient follow up.
o Engaging patients through mailings, phone calls or other methods and working with the practice to build a process to engage patients going forward.
o Working with laboratory and other vendors as required to collect patient results.
o Facilitating communications with patients/payers to ensure accurate eligibility, and to minimize inaccurate patient panel assignment.
o Participate in office/practice team huddles as appropriate
o Support process improvement to enhance physician and staff workflow
o Support/conduct pre-visit planning reviews for practices.
o Support medical record data review/collection for appeals and exclusions.
* Communication and coordination with Population Health Advisors on an ongoing basis, escalating any issues at the practice level in a timely manner
* Produces and maintains record by keeping database up to date and reporting progress on a weekly basis and to determine impact of interventions.
* Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
* Coordinate with SHCN management to track and share data with practice on patient experience improvement measures and performance against goals.
* Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
* Required to attend meetings as necessary at LC and SHCN central offices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Demonstrates, after receipt of training, ability to use all applicable electronic systems/applications including but not limited to the Patient Registry, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and population management systems.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well with multiple teams and in multiple settings.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Detail-oriented with strong multi-task abilities.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including customer service skills.
* Has or is able to obtains a basic understanding of management of chronic health conditions and population management.
* Able to, after receipt of training, produce and do simple analysis of basic quality measure reporting.
* Understands and complies with highest standards of confidentiality.
Education: Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Experience (Type & Length): Two to four years healthcare experience working within a Performance Improvement role; experience in either medical practice management, managed care provider relations, or hospital physician management operations. 2+ years Experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
Softward/Hardware: Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Job Reference #: 100020584