Program Manager, EHR Operations
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
The Program Manager, EHR Implementations primary duties include:
The role of the Program Manager of EHR Operations ensures all Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) practices across the Nation are evaluated for EHR Funding/Reimbursement using a defined and approved methodology. Each practice's EHR should also be implemented in such a way that SHCN can reliably and accurately extract and import Quality data. This position includes the direct management of the Population Health EHR Analysts who are responsible for building quality accelerators within SHCN EHRs aimed to improve the extraction of discrete data as well as assisting in new configuration and troubleshooting data gaps of data collection.
* Defining, executing, and managing the processes of the Steward Health Care Network's EHR Funding Program aimed to reduce financial barriers with EHR adoption.
* Support EHR implementation requests originating from MA, RI, NH, PA, FL, OH, UT, and AZ.
* Ensure each EHR is implemented with the appropriate quality dashboards, templates, and collection mechanisms that allow for consistent collection of EHR Quality data.
* Ensure each applicable EHR is implemented and trained with SHCN's Risk Tab
* Ensure each applicable EHR is connected to SHCN's Quality Data Warehouse
* Manage program budget for each fiscal year as it pertains to funding and reimbursement within implementations, and efforts to extract EHR data. This includes projections at each quarter.
* Ensuring communication and expectations between SHCN and Providers involved in EHR Funding Program is clear never in doubt.
* Creation of processes in order to monitor and act upon any event that would trigger a SHCN financial task rooting back to EHR Program Agreement
* Assist in EHR system assessments and identify gaps and opportunities to maximize system efficiencies and assist in the development of strategies for meeting those needs.
* Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, such as local chapter operations, performance and practice teams, to ensure SHCN is maximizing performance in risk contracts through EHR Operations
* Manage ongoing project status meetings and communication with stakeholders to ensure that EHR projects are progressing as outlined in the ongoing initiatives
* Identify gaps and opportunities in the electronic health record and assist in the development of strategies for meeting these needs.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills required for interfacing with all levels of staff.
* Ability to independently solve problems and handle stressful situations in a calm manner and with sound judgment.
* Participates in the identification of moderately complex application problems and suggests resolutions; able to identify potential delays/roadblocks and escalates to management.
* Report directly to the Director of Technology Operations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to problem-solve and prioritize.
* Ability to communicate effectively with providers is required and paramount
* Experience with the following:
o Project Management
o EHR Implementation
o Workflow Analysis (preferred)
o Reporting/analysis tools
* Ability to lead and train personnel by example
* Strong computer skills
* Must maintain patient confidentiality
Education: Bachelors' Degree preferred.
Experience: 3 - 5 years' experience in the implementation, support, or use of healthcare electronic records. Familiarity with quality measure programs is highly desirable.
Software/Hardware: Athena Clinicals, eCW, Cerner (preferred)
Job Reference #: 100023048