Program Manager, Medicare ACO - Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
The opportunity: The Medicare Accountable Care Organization (ACO) team of Steward Health is looking for a Program Manager to help us make a difference in the way care is delivered to our senior population.
Why join our team: Steward has been at the forefront of transitioning from volume to value-based care and an established track record of success in managing the health risk of our populations. The Triple Aim is our mission. You will learn about the challenges and help us identify the opportunities in improving the health of our seniors. Your input and efforts will lead to real changes in the way our population experiences health care for the better in Massachusetts and across the nation.
Seeking: Motivated candidates with advanced graduate degrees (MPH, MBA, MPA or similar), with previous professional experience in healthcare (specifically in the MSSP ACO setting) and a strong desire to learn. Individuals with a proven track record of leading effecting teams, making data-informed decisions and a passion to make an impact in the way care is delivered today will resonate the most in our team.
The Medicare Program Manager will be primarily responsible for the success of Steward's Medicare ACO across the new and fast-growing regions of our network. They will lead our Medicare risk contracts towards success by excelling across many dimensions, but most importantly through: (1) vision-setting for growth and project managing new operational initiatives that serve our population, (2) drawing insights from modeling and ad-hoc analyses to generate and implement high-value recommendations and (3) being a reliable policy knowledge expert on evolving CMS programs.
* Demonstrates leadership by planning and overseeing multiple, inter-related, complex, operational and clinical projects to drive performance improvements in care for Steward's Medicare population, under the direction of senior leadership and the Senior Director of the Medicare ACO.
* Formulates the budget for annual planning cycles that allows the Medicare ACO to achieve market-leading returns on invested capital, ultimately sharing profit-and-loss responsibility for the success of the Medicare ACO business unit.
* Manages and coordinates activities across SHCN operational teams, steering workgroups and stakeholders to mitigate risks and ensure the business is successful in meeting its goals.
* Leads vendor contract negotiations, external partnership and management activities.
* Presents findings and recommendations for action to Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) leadership meetings including Board Meetings
Analysis and modelling:
* Independently prepares financial opportunity and risk analyses to recommend high-value initiatives to senior leadership
* Models and performs ad hoc analyses for the purpose of understanding the historical and future performance of initiatives
* Creates, interprets and disseminates information across multiple internal and external stakeholders
* Monitors, interprets and reports on changes in performance, market trends, health care delivery systems and legislative initiatives which impact program efforts (e.g., CMS ACO regs, Massachusetts Health Reform)
* Proactively assists in the development and implementation of Medicare compliance and privacy programs
* Facilitates and operationalizes relationships with external organizations including federal Medicare divisions (CMS and CMMI) and community strategic partners.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Experience leading change and driving growth across a business unit with P&L accountability.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment. Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
* Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
* Strong organizational and project management skills including development of project parameters, goals, and timelines and outcome measurement.
* Established passion for working towards improving the health of populations.
* Analytic skills to collect information from diverse sources and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems.
* Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Access.
I. Education: BA/BS required; MBA, MHA, or others Master's degree preferred.
II. Experience (Type & Length): Three to five years working in a fast-paced environment. Healthcare experience required; Medicare Shared Savings ACO experience strongly preferred.
III. Certification/Licensure: N/A
IV. Software/Hardware: Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Access; proven ability to learn new information systems as necessary;
V. Travel: This position is based in Massachusetts with occasional travel expected.
VI. Other: Understanding of the health care delivery setting. This role reports to the Senior Director, Medicare ACO.
Job Reference #: 53853