Program Manager, Strategic Incentives
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Program Manager of Strategic Incentives will support Steward Health Care Network’s (SHCN) ACO’s Strategic Incentives team by creating and maintaining scaled and repeatable internal processes in collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure accurate and transparent provider incentive payments. This role will be responsible for communicating Strategic Incentives methodology principles and details to internal staff and senior physician leaders and for maintaining the library of Strategic Incentives governance materials.
- Support the design of the SHCN National Strategic Incentives Model to improve the care of our patients and the performance of the integrated Steward Care to Community strategy
- Synthesize insights through data analyses and scenario planning, together with senior level strategic guidance to make recommendations on the risk sharing methodology with performance stakeholders across the care continuum (hospitals, providers, ancillary providers)
- Research best practices across the industry, monitors trends and analyzes performance information to establish continuous improvement to the Strategic Incentives program
- Build and manage the annual distribution processes that ensures shared savings are disbursed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage the collaboration between SHCN Teams to include Operations, Finance and Analytics
- Ensures appropriate documentation and record-keeping across all stages of the process
- Manage communication of Strategic Incentives across the lifecycle of all initiatives from design to education and dissemination to continuous updates both to senior leadership as well as to impacted stakeholders
- Design final distribution deliverables (such as scorecards) delivered to performance stakeholders to maximize the impact of incentive shared savings
- Present recommendations to targeted set of stakeholders including clinicians and business leaders
- Engage with regional governance structure to keep Performance and Distribution Committee up to date on all Strategic Incentive initiatives for each calendar year
- Identify program risks, and develops and implement appropriate corresponding mitigation strategies
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- MBA, MHA, or others Master's degree required
Years of Experience:
- 3 years working in a fast-paced, healthcare environment
- 1-3 years’ experience as financial analyst or managed care contracting analyst
- Experience working within an integrated health care network preferred
- Experience with managing risk sharing arrangements with performance stakeholders preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment; Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present financial information to internal operations teams and run collaborative workgroup meetings
- Strong organizational and project management skills including development of project parameters, goals, and timelines and outcome measurement
- Analytic skills to collect information from diverse sources and summarize the information to solve problems
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Tableau
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.