Provider Relations Coordinator
Position Purpose: The Provider Relations Coordinator under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Director of Operations will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of region performance plans that pertain to quality, efficiency, patient satisfaction, care retention and accurate coding while maximizing risk-based reimbursement for populations covered under risk contracts.
The Provider Relations Coordinator under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Director of Operations will be responsible for disseminating internal communications and deliverables from the SHCN internal business and operational teams to the appropriate stakeholders at their respective practice locations.
- Communicates regularly through various communication methodologies, including one on one or group meetings, with local practice staff consistent with the key messages disseminated from the SHCN internal business and operational teams
The Provider Relations Coordinator has knowledge on all PCPs and Specialists within the assigned region, including key information such as group membership, affiliates, and historically contextual elements.
- Maintains the documentation for new provider joins, terms, and provider change requests
- Ensures that new SHCN providers are effectively supported throughout the on-boarding process and acts as a central point of contact when issues arise that require escalation
- Escalates concerns to Regional Director of Operations when appropriate in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognizing and respecting cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
The Provider Relations Coordinator will provide office support and services by implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies, and monitoring administrative project within their respective region. They will provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions.
- Ongoing provider orientation and support
- SARF-System Access Request Forms
- Schedule meetings and send invites/agendas, arrange for food, schedule room under the guidance of the Regional Director of Operations
Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managed care and physician practice support role
- Preferred understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement and claims processing
- Preferred understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government programs healthcare programs
- Preferred understanding of care management initiatives and programs
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proven ability to learn new information systems as necessary
- Travel may be required to respective practice and hospital locations
- Possible schedule setup will involve a rotating schedule, dividing time between Fall River and the Brockton/Taunton area
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2333