Quality Business Unit Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Quality Business Unit Analyst works in tandem with the quality team and Executive Director of Quality to provide expertise and insights into quality performance that will inform quality improvement strategy and Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) resource investment to improve quality performance.
- Analysis of measure performance within SHCN value-based contracts that range from NCQA HEDIS measures to CMS ACO to patient experience of care survey data to health plan custom measures.
- Ability to tie together and use multiple different source data files including ad hoc, EMR, survey data, and claims/enrollment data from health plans and leverage for meaningful analysis of performance risks and opportunities
- Assesses business needs or problems identified by quality team and builds analysis using either a novel approach or an evidence-based approach (when available).
- Drives organizational innovation in performance improvement efforts by recommending evidence-based analysis/novel reports based on industry trends and publications
- Completes impact analysis of upcoming changes in measure specifications and provides recommendations for measure steward comment period responses and/or contract team.
- Supports effective quality program contract negotiations through analysis of available data and assessment of SHCN historical data
- For candidates within commuting distance of those offices, remote work (telework) may be available based on business needs and job performance, after successful completion of an in-office training period
- Other duties as required based on business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- Three (3) or more years of experience in health care quality data analysis in either a health plan setting or health system setting that included work with NCQA HEDIS measures.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to code in SQL and use advanced functions of excel (VBA preferred)
- Strong analytic skills/ability to translate complicated data into useable information, including analysis of practice variation
- Strong leadership and management skills; self-directed
- Ability to generate creative solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled