Regional Director, Business Development
Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals for a business development department.
Essential Duties and Primary Accountabilities:
• Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements. Works with product development, marketing and/or sales group to align with the company's growth strategy.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Focus primarily on signing PCPs to the Network.
• Focus secondarily on signing Specialists to the network.
• Work with Steward hospital Business Development, Recruiters and Physician Liaison teams.
• Collaborate with SMG Business development.
• Collaborate with Local resources to call on Self Insured Employers.
• Focus on improving engagement by developing relationships between all physicians in the Network including SMG.
• Gather intelligence on the competition and remain apprised of current network provider's status and assist LNMs to focus on at-risk providers.
• Continuous Business development Process improvement.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
Years of Experience:
• 7 years of experience in healthcare business development
Work Related Experience:
• Leading and directing successful sales teams
• Understanding of a specific market or area
• Strong and effective communication
• Understanding of Accountable Care Organization's (ACO's)
• Relationship management
• Strategic planning
Physical and Mental Demands
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
• Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
• Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
• Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
• Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time?pressured environment.
• Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
• Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from an internal and external customer
• Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
• Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2316