Regional Director, Operations - Central FL Region
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
This position is responsible for the overall success of Steward Health Care Network's Local Chapters in the Central Florida Region, including accountability for the region's performance in risk-based accountable care contracts and for the region's financials.
The Regional Director will drive performance by leading activities and managing staff in regional operations to generate the greatest potential value for the network in risk/ACO contracts, including:
* Lead a team to develop and execute Local Chapter performance improvement plans to generate the greatest potential value for the Network in the risk/ACO contracts.
* Assess the performance improvement needs of provider practices across the region and coordinate all to assist providers with maximizing value delivered to all key stakeholders.
* Partner with Performance team to improve quality, efficiency, and risk adjustment accuracy to drive positive patient outcomes while maximizing risk-based reimbursement for patient populations covered under risk/ACO contracts.
* Monitor, interpret, and report on changes in performance, market trends, health care delivery systems, and local legislative initiatives that impact their region and regional performance.
* Attend and provide oversight, support, and direction related to all regional meetings.
* Provide financial and operational oversight to the budget.
* Partner with RVP of Physician Network and Local Chapter Medical Directors to support Local Chapter Governance, including Local Chapter Boards and Committees. Use these physician governance forums as one key avenue to drive local performance.
Implement the collaborative, long-term population health management goals of the Local Chapter and Steward Health Care Network (SHCN).
* Lead the Region and all practices that it is composed of, to meet or exceed all performance goals as set forth by the SHCN National Board of Directors in an effort to advance the Steward Community Care model, maximize patient and provider satisfaction, implement standards of care, and maximize risk-based revenues.
* Work closely with the physicians and clinical management team to monitor and ensure appropriate utilization of services in accordance with established standards through educational efforts, referral into SHCN programs, etc.
* Review individual physician performance in risk products and implement educational efforts and action plans as needed. Become local expert in all systems and processes such as referral management, HDS Quality Manager, and other tools available through the local chapter and system.
* Work with the Referral Management Team and Local Chapter Medical Directors in accordance with the Chapter's specified referral management process to drive patient care into Steward Health Care Network and capture volume in our low-cost, high-quality Community Care Model.
* Ensure that new SHCN providers are effectively supported throughout the onboarding process and act as a central point of contact when issues arise that require escalation.
* Monitor availability of in network service gaps that need to be filled in order to keep patient care services in the Steward system and proactively manage physician and key hospital leadership relationships and brings critical issues needing attention to the SHCN and Chapter leadership team.
* Advocate for those services and resources that need to be brought to bear on improving the overall experience of providers in SHCN (e.g. additional IT support, new tools to manage referrals, etc.).
Support Steward leadership and the Network Development teams to grow the number of Participating Providers in the Network, particularly with regard to Primary Care Physicians, and to assist in coordinating such activities in the Region.
* Interface with Steward Network Development (recruiting) as requested to grow and maintain the provider network.
* Strategic sourcing of candidates by initiating and maintaining networking relationships though medical associations, key contacts and visibility at professional conferences.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field (or equivalent combination of education and experience); Master's strongly preferred.
Years of Experience:
* At least ten years as a senior leader in a managed care or healthcare provider environment of a similar capacity. Management/Supervisor experience required.
Work Related Experience:
* Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement and claims processing.
* Understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government programs healthcare programs.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Possesses specialized knowledge in accountable care, population health, or other related field/s; preferred.
* Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
* Accuracy and attention to detail required.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively.
* Ability to create, interpret, and disseminate information succinctly and clearly across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including providers.
* Applies strong project management techniques to take initiatives from idea to execution.
* Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across departments in a highly matrixed environment.
* Requisite poise, judgement, and trustworthiness to represent Steward to internal and external groups.
* Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
* Ability to mentor and develop staff.
Job Reference #: 100024447