Regional Physician Recruiter
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Under the direction of the Regional Director of Network Development, in conjunction with the SVP of (Enterprise-wide) Network (SMG and Affiliate) Development and Marketing, supporting SHCN, SMG Leadership and Hospital Leadership, the physician recruiter is responsible for sourcing candidates to fill identified roles, qualify and take initial steps to ensure the candidates is successful in his/ her practice within Steward Health Care Network. The Physician Recruiter seeks active as well as passive candidates, both within the local region as well as expanding search parameters to fill vacancies.
- Strategic sourcing of candidates by initiating and maintaining networking relationships though medical associations, key contacts and visibility at professional conferences.
- Actively seek out candidates through networking opportunities, initiate contact to introduce them to Steward Health Care, and maintain contact in order to develop an on-going pool of candidates.
- Recruitment of qualified physicians includes initial screening, introduction of candidate to local area, responding to inquiries both about relocation as well as hospital/ practice questions in order to identify the best match of candidates with the appropriate opening.
- Retention of recruited physicians is based on the ability of the recruiter to manage expectations of the candidate with expectations of the practice / Chapter into which he/she is recruited, as well as being responsive to the concerns and issues of the candidate.
- Maintain a current understanding of the market needs and Optimal Network Composition within the respective market (in this case FL/ a component of the Central Group) in order to respond to both candidates and staff inquiries and ensure competiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Work with Director of Network Development and other physician recruiters to develop and implement effective sourcing and recruitment strategies.
- Maintain required statistics and metrics to track recruitment efforts; including updating entries into SalesForce.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned including facilitating site visits at all “targeted” FL Chapters.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience
Years of Experience:
- Three or more years of recruiting for hospitals, Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s), Networks, physician practices including experience in hard-to fill positions within the medical field
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source and recruit qualified candidates
- Demonstrated understanding of medical manpower planning and the requirements of each individual market and / or specialty.
- Ability to effectively interview, screen and establish rapport with candidates.
- Ability to convey information about the Steward Health Care enterprise to leave candidates with a positive impression about the organization.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain large amounts of data and information on candidates, markets and the organization as a whole.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled