RVP of ACO Operations - East & Central - Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
Position Purpose: The Regional Vice-President of ACO Operations for East and Central regions is responsible for growth and development of accountable care programs in the East and Central regions (including at least Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida). This position will also oversee and manage the finance and operations of accountable care programs across Steward's East and Central regions.
Design and execute strategic growth initiatives to foster growth and development of ACO programs across the East and Central regions. This includes:
· Identify opportunities for growth of ACO membership and ACO performance success, design implementation plans for these opportunities, and execute in accordance with the plan
· Partner with the Managed Care team to design performance programs and risk arrangements with health plans in each market, including identifying any barriers to expansion and implementing corresponding mitigation strategies
· Partner with the SHCN Network Development team to support optimal growth of provider network in each region
· Establish and manage external relationships with current and prospective partners
Provide strategic direction and support to local leadership teams who are each accountable for their region's performance in risk-based accountable care contracts, which includes:
· Coordinate annual budget development across regions
· Address issues escalated by providers and/or local team members
· Support scaling core operations across new markets/regions/communities
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within Steward, including hospitals, employed physicians, and managed services organization leaders
Identify and execute on opportunities to streamline initiatives and create operational efficiencies across regions.
Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field (or equivalent combination of education and experience); Master's strongly preferred.
Years of Experience:
· At least 10 years as a senior leader in a managed care or healthcare provider environment of a similar capacity. Management/Supervisor experience required.
· Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement.
· Understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government programs healthcare programs.
· Possesses specialized knowledge in accountable care, population health, or other related field/s; preferred.
· Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
· Accuracy and attention to detail required.
· Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively.
· Ability to create, interpret, and disseminate information succinctly and clearly across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including providers.
· Applies strong project management techniques to take initiatives from idea to execution.
· Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across departments in a highly matrixed environment.
· Requisite poise, judgement, and trustworthiness to represent Steward to internal and external groups.
· Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
· Ability to mentor and develop staff.
· Travel across East and Central regions required
Job Reference #: 55745