Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Salesforce Administrator to assist with expansion and day-to-day operation of Salesforce which includes support of our growing internal team of users. You will meet with key stakeholders to build new functionality and redesign existing processes. While working with a Senior Salesforce Administrator as a mentor, you will have a chance to expand your knowledge in both the Salesforce and health care fields.
- Work with stakeholders to learn and refine current Salesforce processes
- Design and implement new functionality in Sales and Community Cloud based on business requirements
- Implement best practices regarding user interaction with Salesforce
- Assist in automating repeatable tasks using Flows and Process Builder
- Day to day User administration and Salesforce related helpdesk tasks
- Assist in data cleanup and record updates/inserts using Data Loader
- Create reports and dashboards for internal users
- Document functionality and best practices
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s in computer science/related field or equivalent experience with SaaS technologies
Years of Experience:
- 2+ Years of Salesforce Administration experience required
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM201) required
- Advanced Administrator (ADM301), and Platform App Builder preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.