Senior Analyst, Medicare ACO
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Senior Analyst will learn and support multiple Steward Health care Network's Medicare risk contract models, including the Next Generation ACO, Medicare Shared Savings ACO, and the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement program. They will be a critical member of the Analytics team, performing the following functions:
- Conducts sophisticated business analyses to support Medicare ACO program development and ongoing operations, grounded in deep expertise and functionality with both internal and publicly available Medicare-related health care data sources
- Analyzes and recommends opportunities and financial impact of strategic partnerships, new Medicare programs, and key Medicare ACO related initiatives
- Delivers accurate and on-time deliverables, including reports, cost estimates, models and ad-hoc analyses
- Develops programs comprehensive, timely, and accurate analyses, reports, and presentations on utilization, leakage, risk performance, care management, and quality metrics to support the operation of SHCN’s Medicare ACO
- Works with business and operational leaders to identify opportunities to generate medical savings and quantify ROI for related programs
- Identifies opportunities to improve and enhance the analysis and information provided to SHCN leadership, participating network providers, and partner organizations
- Works with analysts and analytic tool vendors to improve standard report design
- Supports ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Respects the confidential and sensitive nature of patient health information, maintaining the highest degree of compliance to internal and national governing regulations.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- BA/BS required; Master's degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- One to two years working in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytic and technical skills, coupled with the ability to translate complicated data into useable information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment. Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment consistent with achieving service excellence.
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Highly proficient in SQL, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8193