Senior Clinical Healthcare Analyst - (Care Coordination)
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Analytics Director, the Senior Analyst will demonstrate strong knowledge of performance indicators and deliver actionable data and key business insights to meet the information, reporting, and analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN)’s ACO Care Coordination national performance initiatives.
- Conducts sophisticated business analyses to support ACO Care Coordination program development and ongoing operations, grounded in deep expertise and functionality with both SHCN Enterprise data warehouse and publicly available related health care data sources
- Respond to the team requests for data that demonstrate statistically significant outcomes towards integrated care coordination program improvement goals in areas of total cost of care, quality, and patient
- Build predictive models that provide Care Coordination teams with Provider performance improvement areas for effective comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care coordination for improved patient health outcomes
- Collaborate with Steward’s Analytics, and Informatics teams to maintain proper data governance oversight and data integrity management of the Care Coordination data.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital data sources used to compare SHCN ACO performance
- Conducts performance analysis reports including trends, projections, external comparisons, and correlations
- Delivers accurate and on-time deliverables, including reports, cost estimates, models, and ad-hoc analyses
- Works with business and operational leaders to identify opportunities to generate medical savings and quantify ROI for related programs
- Supports ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis, and insightful interpretations
- Respects the confidential and sensitive nature of patient health information, maintaining the highest degree of compliance to internal and national governing regulations
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years of working experience with at least one year working in a fast-paced Healthcare environment
- Analytic and technical skills coupled with the ability to translate complicated data into useable information
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment. Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment consistent with achieving service excellence
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Highly proficient in SQL, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Data science applications (e.g. R, Python, etc.) to build predictive models.
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts
- Must have experience working with payor medical and pharmacy claims datasets; working experience in EHR (Meditech, Athena) systems will be helpful
- Intermediate to advanced Tableau BI skills required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.