Senior Clinical Healthcare Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Senior Manager of Analytics and in support of the Director of Medicaid ACO, the Senior Analyst will demonstrate strong knowledge of performance indicators and deliver actionable data and key business insights to the Steward Health Care Network (SHCN)’s Medicaid Accountable Care Organization.
- Conducts sophisticated business analyses to support Medicaid ACO program development and ongoing operations, grounded in deep expertise and functionality with both SHCN Enterprise data warehouse and publicly available Medicaid-related health care data sources
- Analyze and recommend opportunities and financial impacts of strategic partnerships, new Medicaid programs, and key Medicaid ACO related initiatives
- Build predictive models that provide Operations and Clinical Care Management Teams with targeted member outreach and engagement activities for improved health outcomes
- Respond to government requests for data that demonstrate statistically significant health outcomes towards program improvement goals in the areas of cost-effectiveness and quality
- Collaborate with Steward’s Analytics, and Informatics teams to maintain proper data governance oversight and data integrity management of the MassHealth data
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in healthcare, analytics, or informatics
- Demonstrated knowledge of health plan claims data and familiarity with Medicaid and other public programs
- Possess strong skills in SQL, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and BI visualization tools, preferably tableau
- Data science applications (e.g. R, Python, etc.) to build predictive models
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts
- Organizational and project management skills to manage projects effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including data visualization to present complex data analysis; outstanding interpersonal skills; and ability to relate positively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Commitment to service excellence
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.