Senior Director of Analytics
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role manages multiple teams to meet the analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and its constituents. This role oversees the successful development and implementation of high-priority business analytic initiatives to support business and operational leadership across all regions.
- Directs multiple teams who design, develop, and implement analytic projects related to risk contract performance, quality, care management, care coordination and distributions of provider incentives
- Leads teams to do analytic deep dives into each of the regions’ risk contracts
- Ensures all projects are clearly defined and organized using standard project management techniques and project plans.
- Monitors workflow and project status to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables.
- Collaborates closely with the finance and operations to ensure the success of all projects.
- Ensures data quality and accuracy through the implementation of automated audit and data management practices.
- Responsible for creating efficiencies to improve data management, reporting, and analytic processes.
- Collaborates closely with Regional Vice Presidents to identify key drivers in their respective regions and address analytic needs to support accountable care efforts for all populations.
- Manages team resources to support ad hoc analytic requests from SHCN leadership and performance teams.
- Promotes the professional growth and development of team members. Advise staff in analytic, data management, and reporting best practices.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred in Analytics, Statistics, or other advanced mathematical degree
Years of Experience:
- At least 7 years in healthcare, with significant experience leading high-visibility analytic projects; use of claims data, management of teams, and clear advancement in responsibilities.
- Proven success in leading complex and highly visible projects within a large healthcare provider organization setting (utilizing effective planning, project tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines).
- Prior experience leading teams and directly managing staff.
- Understanding of database structures and data management processes.
- Working knowledge of healthcare claims and electronic health record (EHR) data, CPT and ICD codes, and DRGs.
- Advanced analytic skills in statistics and scenario modeling required
- Thorough understanding of population health organizations and concepts, quality measures (e.g. HEDIS, NQF, etc.), performance measurements in relation to value-based care, risk contracts, and accountable care organizations (ACO).
- SQL, Excel, and R Skills required
- Experienced in communicating with and presenting to Executive leadership.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled