Senior Healthcare Business Analyst (Northeast)
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Senior Healthcare Business Analyst role is a strategic analytic role reporting to the Director of Population Health Analytics. The Senior Healthcare Business Analyst contributes to a team by meeting the reporting and analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) in the Massachusetts market. This position is based in Needham, MA
As an essential member of the Analytics team, the Senior Healthcare Business Analyst performs the following functions:
- Collaborates with regional leaders to provide the analytic support for value-based contracts and performance programs that are part of the SHCN ACO in the Northeast region
- Develop comprehensive, timely and accurate analyses, reports and presentations on utilization, care coordination, risk performance, care management, and quality metrics for commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare contracts
- Develop insights and identify opportunities that will be used to identify improvement opportunities to optimize contractual performance
- Support ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Develop financial models to accurately assess current and projected performance of various value-based contracts, including settlement reconciliation
- Act as liaison between the Regional Operations teams, Analytics, Finance, and Managed Care teams.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s preferred
Years of Experience:
- At least five years of experience in healthcare, with significant experience in population health or value-based care analytics
- In-depth understanding of value-based payment models, risk contracts, and ACO operations
- Strong ability to translate complicated data into useable information for executive leadership teams, including financial modeling
- Proficiency in MS Office, SQL, and/or other query/analytic tools
- Organizational and project management skills to manage projects through effective planning, resource allocation, and completion
- Demonstrated knowledge of relationships between health plans and providers, including detailed understanding of health plan claims data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to relate positively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated with sound judgment; ability to plan and implement
- Ability to work independently in a matrixed environment while managing multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Commitment to service excellence