Senior Manager, Clinical Integration
Position Purpose: The Senior Manager, Clinical Integration and Post-Acute Care RN will manage both clinical and strategic initiatives across Steward Health Care Network clinical programs. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Clinical Integration, this position will oversee the day to day management of Steward’s national Post Acute Care (PAC) strategy including Bundled Payments Care Integration – A (BPCIA) and PAC while ensuring that clinical best practices are integrated across all clinical ops programs. The PAC strategy includes a comprehensive and integrated approach to home health, hospice/ palliative care and sub-acute facility performance. Oversight in this role is inclusive of all at-risk populations regardless of payer profile. The position requires travel in order to meet with key stakeholders to drive high quality, cost efficient care redesign and post-acute care utilization. Success will be measured by meeting key performance indicators such as discharge disposition, program enrollments, readmission prevention, etc. This position is cross functional across various Steward departments including, but not limited to contracting, business unit, quality and works closely with various members of hospital leadership. This role will perform the majority of day to day management from the main office in Needham, Massachusetts- however; travel to all of Steward’s markets is required to build relationships that drive performance.
- Build collaborative relationships across multiple departments and services lines within Steward
- Build collaborative relationships and drive performance with non-Steward entities such as Home Care Agencies, Hospice/Palliative Care, Sub-Acute Facilities (Skilled Nursing Facility, Long Term Acute Care, Acute Inpatient Rehab) and Technology Vendors, etc.
- Work closely with SHCN leadership and under the direction of the Executive Director of Clinical Integration to ensure that key SHCN messaging and initiatives are performing. The position requires the understanding and ability to articulate BPCIA and ACO strategy to drive performance.
- Manage BPCIA RN Regional Managers and their teams to drive regional performance
- Under the direction of the ED Clinical Integration, this position will monitor initiatives that drive high quality and cost efficient care in the new markets. Examples include:
- Development and/or implementation of evidenced based CHF/ UTI/ COPD protocols for patients who fall into one or more of Steward’s high risk categories
- Development of payer-agnostic, critical workflows to improve PAC utilization
- Responsible for developing appropriate metrics as well as tracking and reporting data to monitor trends in performance daily, weekly and monthly in the aforementioned programs.
- Must be able to trend data and identify early signals of performance deviation.
- Attends SHCN key cross functional meetings such Business Unit Operations, Contracting or hospital leadership meetings.
- Provides input on monthly strategy and implements tactics to drive performance improvement.
- The Executive Director of Clinical Integration will review the Senior Managers monthly performance. Performance is determined by how well the program is meeting key metrics, the manager’s ability to build internal and external relationships across the network, maximize team retention, work in a fast-pace/matrixed environment and drive improvement.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6828